If you know anything about advertising, you will know that a lot of businesses focus on the digital world. Though there are a lot of reasons to do so, it’s important not to forget about the more traditional routes such as advertising at events. As well as advertising digitally, a number of technology companies still head to exhibitions worldwide to publicise their products and services.
By doing so, they are able to connect to a wide range of potential customers face to face. This isn’t something that’s easy to do via a computer. They are also able to boost brand awareness, improve industry knowledge and market in an affordable way. These are all things that are vital to technology companies, as the industry is competitive and saturated.
How Do Technology Companies Benefit From Advertising at Exhibitions?
A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that advertising at exhibitions is old news, that there are more modern and effective ways of doing things. Though there has been a big push towards advertising online in recent years, that doesn’t mean that advertising at exhibitions doesn’t still work well.
- By Meeting and Connecting With Potential Customers – Regardless of the industry that you work in or the type of company you are representing, networking is a big part of branching out and growing as a business. Though there are a number of ways for technology companies to connect with potential customers online, advertising at exhibitions allows for a face to face interaction. This helps to build strong, long lasting relationships with loyal customers. Though not every customer will want to buy a product or service there and then, they may do at a later date. Speaking to someone from the business in person creates a level of trust and highlights authority within the industry, neither of which is easy to achieve through digital advertising. This is because they can ask questions and have an immediate answer in a way that’s organic, personal and professional.
- By Increasing Brand Awareness – When a technology company attends an exhibition, they are placing themselves directly in front of their target audience. This allows them to showcase their brand, their products or services, their knowledge and it allows them to boost their brand awareness as a whole. The more exposure a business gets, the more recognisable and memorable they are to potential customers. When you are advertising at an exhibition, you can clearly show the audience who you are and what you do. This means that they will be aware of the brand and may think to come to you in the future, even if they don’t need anything you are offering at the exhibition itself. It’s also a good opportunity to showcase who you are and what you do to potential customers that may not have found you online. Standing out from competitors is not an easy task, but it’s a lot harder when you limit yourself to email marketing and telephone calls. Spending time at an exhibition is a good way to get yourself known.
- By Boosting Industry Knowledge – It doesn’t matter if you provide a specific range of products like https://ultimatebanners.co or offer something more general, an exhibition is a great place to stay up to date with industry changes. With so many competitors and industry experts in one place, there’s a lot for a technology company to learn at an exhibition. As well as gaining industry knowledge and finding out about new products, an exhibition is also the ideal place to become aware of upcoming trends and current research. Plus, it shows that the company cares enough about the industry to attend events.
- By Marketing Affordably – Though there are a lot of technology companies with big marketing budgets, there are others who struggle in a big way. Without a lot of money to spend on marketing, it is very difficult to successfully advertise a product or service. In fact, it’s where a lot of companies fall short. Luckily, exhibitions provide a place for businesses to market in an affordable way. An exhibition is a place to advertise who a business is and what they do, without having to spend a lot on expensive promotional tools without a guaranteed ROI. There is a high chance those attending the exhibition are already interested in the industry and are therefore going to be receptive, meaning that there’s a high chance of gaining leads and sales. You can advertise to an interested audience without going out of your way or spending a lot on a variety of marketing methods.
- By Learning What Does and What Doesn’t Work – An exhibition provides a great opportunity for a technology company to see what their competitors are doing. They can take note of what their competitors are doing differently and potentially find out where they are going wrong, such as charging a lot more for a similar service or approaching sales with a completely different strategy. It’s not always easy to know when you are doing something wrong as a business and sometimes it takes seeing what everyone else is doing for big mistakes to be highlighted.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons as to why technology companies still advertise at exhibitions worldwide. Though there are many other ways to market a product or service – such as Social Media Marketing, SEO, PPC and Email Marketing – there are a lot of benefits that come with face to face advertising that cannot be gained elsewhere. There has been a huge focus on digital marketing in recent years and it’s a huge part of running a successful company, but that doesn’t mean that more traditional advertising methods such as attending exhibitions and events should be forgotten about. It’s important to remember that these benefits aren’t just for technology companies, but every brand and business out there. There are a range of exhibitions and events available, which means that there’s always going to be one that works for each individual business.